Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Weeknight Deliciousness: Roasted Lemon and Garlic Chicken

I am not going to lie. I love eating the bad stuff. I am talking pasta, sweets, bread, etc. I know that is taboo to admit in 2014, in the world of "plant based", "organic" and "gluten free". It is just who I am. And I try to fight the effects by running. This short girl can't eat all the bad that she wants and not exercise...it just isn't in my genes. 

But I can say that I "try" to cook lighter and better during the week because I usually misbehave on the weekends with my eating. I don't always succeed but with this recipe I did. If you need a recipe that is fresh, healthy and can be made prepped ahead...this is it. And it also can be frozen to make for later and most of all delicious. A recipe straight from heaven!


Roasted Lemon and Rosemary Chicken

2 garlic bulbs, minced
1 cup fresh lemon juice
2/3 cup fresh rosemary coarsely chopped (dried can be substituted)
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups olive oil
3 (2 1/2-3 pounds) whole chickens cut up
3 lemons, sliced
Garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs and lemon wedges

Whisk together the first 5 ingredients until blended; gradually whisk in olive oil. Pour mixture into 3 large heavy duty ziploc bags. Add chicken pieces and lemon slices. Seal and chill for 8 hours, turning bags occasionally.
Line 2 13x9 inch pans with aluminum foil. Arrange chicken in pans and drizzle with marinade. 
Bake at 425 for 1 hour or until done, basting with pan juices every 20 minutes. Garnish. 

*Taken from a Martha Stewart magazine many moons ago!



Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment