Sunday, September 1, 2013

Celebrating the Upcoming Superman and a Dear Friend

The day I went back to work last year from my maternity leave, my sweet friend Courtney came to check on me before school started and found me all teary. She gave me a big, sweet hug and then shared a little secret to cheer me up. She had just found out that she was pregnant. Well that dried my tears quickly because who can cry when you find out that another precious little angel will arrive and that I also would't be alone in my teacher/momma world anymore! I would have a partner in crime to ride this ride with me.


See, Courtney is a triple blessing in my life. I work with her not only at the same school but we teach  Kindergarten together too. We attend not only the same church but we are also in the same Sunday School class. So we see each other 6/7 days and sometimes every single day of the week if we happen to to be together on Saturday . And now she is expecting her baby boy and he will go to the same babysitter that Collins goes to come January. Needless to say, I enjoy Courtney's  friendship and I love having her around so much. We are pretty much stuck together whether she likes it or not;) And I may or may not have recently prayed that I hope she goes into labor at school. Don't worry, she already knows about this prayer. I just feel that it would make for lots of excitement down in Kindergarten land. Although it would probably create havoc with all our Kinder babies. I can just see those sweethearts going berserk with excitement. Okay, so maybe not the best idea...

So of course I had to join in when Courtney's baby shower was being planned! Not to mention she helped plan two showers for me, one at our school and for our Sunday School class. Again, bless her little heart. So time to shower some baby love on her!

Our very creative friends and fellow co-hosts were more than creative. Courtney's husband loves Superman so this theme just took off. Everything was covered in Red, Yellow and Blue, ceiling to floor. Courtney was glowing and and baby Ross received so many goodies.


We ate ourselves silly. The food was amazing and we couldn't stop eating. Well, okay, I couldn't. Enjoy! And can't wait to see Collins and Baby Ross grow up together. We already know they will be the best of friends and although he isn't here yet, he is already on Collins's first birthday party list:)

I made my favorite breakfast dish, Sweet Bacon Breakfast Casserole.It feeds so many and it is a nice change from the egg and sausage casserole that is the usual breakfast casserole (although that one rocks my world too!) But it is the sweet Hawaiin bread that makes this dish to die for. Not the healthiest thing but I swear that I took out all of the calories before I served it like any good hostess would do. And the best part is that you make this the day before so it will be easy to pop right in the oven the next morning.
Sweet Bacon Breakfast Casserole

1 (16oz) Hawaiian bread loaf, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
2 cups finally shredded Mexican four cheese blend
1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
8 large eggs
2 1/2 cups milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. dried mustard
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce

Arrange bread cubes in a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon. 
Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, mustard and worcestershire sauce. Pour over prepared dish; press low bread to soak up liquid. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Let stand 30 minutes before baking.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minute or until set and golden. Serve with salsa if preferred.
EASIEST THING EVER!
Chocolate Drizzled Pecan Tarts 
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup dark corn syrup
1 large egg
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. powdered sugar
1 tbsp. melted chocolate

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese and flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Shape cream cheese mixture into 24 1 inch balls and press into ungreased mini muffin plans. Set aside. (I added foil liners into the muffin pans for the tarts to bake in)
4. In a large bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar, dark corn syrup, egg, butter and vanilla. Spoon 1 tsp. of pecan mixture into each cup.
5. Bake for 25 minutes; cool.
6. Dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with melted chocolate. 




Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment