Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Bistro Grilled Chicken...Make 1/2 and Freeze 1/2!

Today, Houston, Tx reached one of the lowest temps since we have lived here...a whopping 18 degrees. Yikes! I just can't take it. I am one to go running in the morning every single day before school, no matter the temperature. And that is safe to say in Houston because chances of it being really cold are very few and far between. Well, not today. I just couldn't do it. Come on spring! My few days of love for winter are over...this Louisiana/Tennessee/Texas girl needs her southern warmth.

So in craving spring days with a BBQ outside, I pulled out a favorite recipe of ours from this past summer.  Delicious. And the best part? You can make half and freeze half. What momma doesn't love that? I think the whole freezer prep in 4 hours for 4 months is pretty smart but I am just not organized enough to pull it off. So I think some sort of semi-plan where you make half, eat it then and freeze the rest is more my style. It is like I am thinking ahead but really I am just making too much and get to  make a few meals out of it.

Bistro Grilled Chicken

1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce
1 tbsp. EVOO
1/4 tsp dried thyme
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
Teriyaki butter
6 (1/2 inch french bread slices)

Combine first 3 ingredients in a small mixing bowl; reserve half and pour mixture over chicken in a shallow dish. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
Brush onion slices and bell pepper with reserved teriyaki mixture. Brush teriyaki butter over bread slices. 
Cook chicken and vegetables, without grill lid, over medium hot heat, 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are golden brown, basting with remaining teriyaki mixture. Remove vegetables, and keep warm. Cook chicken 2 to 4 minutes or until done, basting often. Keep warm. Add bread slices; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. 
Place chicken and vegetables on top of bread; serve immediately. 

Teriyaki Butter
3 tbsp butter melted
1 tbsp. teriyaki sauce

Combine butter and sauce, sitrring well. 

*I doubled this recipe to freeze half and it tasted just as good when we made it again.
(This is not my recipe as none really are but this is one I cut out of a magazine years ago. I wish I had a name to go with it but I don't:(So to whomever you are....thank you so much for this yumminess.)



Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment