Friday, January 8, 2010

Quick Bread


I hate that it has been over a month since my last post! But what a perfect time to pledge to be more faithful to my blog but than the new year! I just watched Julia and Julia again and this time with my hubby (who had never seen the movie). Watching Paul and Julia Child and Julie and Eric Powell with my hubs made me so happy. I realize that I am married to my own Paul, my own Eric. Paul and Eric supported their wives in their other true love...cooking. They supported their dreams, ambitions and desires all having to do with food. And Jason is just the same. He can't wait to see what life might have in store for me and my passion of cooking and for that I am so so so grateful...and lucky.

Speaking of my wonderful man, I made him a special dinner as part of his Christmas present. Not just any dinner but all of his favorites. Portabella Mushroom Tortellini and Angel Food Cake...all by candlelight at that! I decided to throw in a Momou twist and make a Momou recipe somewhere in that menu. And I found JUST the right recipe. Now the name is kind of bland BUT the taste is delicious and perfect for my man. The recipe was for Quick Bread but it was truly biscuits that had ranch dressing in it! Biscuits AND Ranch dressing...more of his favorites!

The other best part is that this recipe calls for three ingredients! ONLY three! And it took just a few minutes to whip up! So break out that muffin pan and get ready to use this recipe very often. These zesty muffins go with ANY dish!

Quick Bread
1 cup self rising flour
2 Tablespoons salad dressing (I used Ranch Dressing of course!)
1/2 cup milk

Combine all ingredients and mix to a lumpy batter. Spoon in a 6-cup muffin tin. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Muffins will be white. Oh and I did add a dash of cayenne pepper for good measure. What can I say? I just like spice in my life!

There you have it folks! Nothing to it! This is one of the few Momou newspaper recipes that have the name of who contributed it. So thank you Mrs. Jimmy Ray Everett. Your recipe is delish!

And to my husband: As someone once said, "You are the bread to my butter and the breath to my life." I love you.

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Megan said...

This sounds great, and easy!!!!

Maegan Roper said...

YUM!!!! Remember in the movie when Julie says during the NY Times interview: "I once heard it was impoor taste to say 'yum' while eating but 'YUM!'" :)

Jason said...

These were really, really good. Please try them.

Post a Comment